Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I Thought I Was Feeling Extra Dizzy Today...


... but it turned out to be an earthquake. I was shocked when my Significant Mother called me and reprimanded me for being clueless and telling me to get a backpack ready with water and clothes in preparation for any aftershock. My little brother sent me an advisory to use the stairs and get down to the basement if necessary.

Still, I was echoing the NYSE floor traders' sentiment with their cries of "Keep trading!"

I felt my building lift up slightly and my beautiful new mirrored desk from Neiman Marcus Direct / Horchow shook along with it.

Gold continued to tread upwards, hit $1900, but then got rejected - ending the day with a -3.34% retracement. Should I consider my NXG and PAL sell timely, or will we see some more upside? Either way, TGB is still my my SBA.

Based on the market indices, the bears experienced quite a shake-up today, but my portfolio still lags the market and I am not at all pleased:

+2.93% SBA
+1.61% Roth IRA

+2.97% DJIA
+4.29% Nasdaq
+3.41% S&P

Interesting that BAC would be blaming a blogger for its unfortunate -50% decline this year. Although I'd like to blame someone too, I blame myself for getting in over 50% too early. More importantly, I'd like to see BAC shape up its balance sheet in a major way. All the other banks have a tonne of capital on their balance sheets, so BAC has to remain competitive! I've had enough with BAC retracements, so I'm not going to average into BAC, but will look for other moves to counter this lack of judgement. Hopefully, my foray into NOK today will turn out to be one of my wiser decisions.

Let's give the Glencore traders a round of applause for helping to boost CENX by +7.16% today. If only I had caught the whole move. Notice how there's nearly a $1 per share difference between the daily low and high on CENX consistently? If I could find a way to day trade this stock, I'd be Day Trading Diva in no time.

Glencore traders, we're going to be MMBs (Major Market Buddies)...



No comments: