Thursday, August 25, 2011

In Case Anyone Thought I Was Extra Whiny Today, I Have A Theory...


... that insiders in a deal will act on information prior to public knowledge of the deal and that journalists will often withhold news to get in on market action prior to the crowd. This will usually be evident in extreme buying or selling before the announcement is made.

So I was pretty shocked about Professor Buffett's investment in BAC because bid sizes didn't indicate it - nor did options chains or insider activity. How did they play it other than bidding it up +16% off of BAC's 52WL? Or was that as evident as it could have been?

My wire came in literally 10 minutes before market close and I set a limit just above the daily low on BAC and didn't get hit. I'm going to try to buy in Extended Hours Trading. Failing that, I'm going to look for similarly priced stocks or another entry with STO or CENX.

When 9FM and I were negotiating for two months prior to our trade together, he set a higher monetary standard for me. He told me that if I were to maintain the momentum and make that much money every month, I would be making over a million dollars this year.

If only I could get past myself and fulfill 9FM's financial desire...

+1.22% SBA (cash deposit skewing the % a bit today)
+1.25% Roth IRA

-1.51% DJIA
-1.95% Nasdaq
-1.56% S&P



No comments: