Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Admit It...


... my recent portfolio rebalancing was a disaster and I might have done better by staying put with the investments that were already in my portfolio last December. I'm still a bit baffled as to what went wrong with my new strategy and there could be a few key reasons for my unappealing trading results of late.

First, I switched time zones. Whereas before, I had the luxury of dedicating several hours a day solely to trading, I now have to juggle building up my new business along with trading. Next, I switched computers too. I don't have eSignal installed anymore and have to get around to doing it if it's even available to Mac users. I absolutely abhor the Mac. It's totally overrated and once I sign on with my 9 Figure Man, I might actually switch back to the PC. I'm also in a totally risk-averse frame of mind due to my quickly depreciating assets. Finally, there are many distractions around the library here. People are noisy, the music's loud, and ever since some of my neighbours found out that I'm renting my apartment and spend a lot less money than they do to reap the same rewards, I've been One Hated Woman. I suppose the fact that one of them overheard me saying that there's a lot of inventory in the building didn't help either. People have been complaining about the pettiest things about me to the superintendent. I don't mind. The fact is that there are at least three other buildings I can stay in for the same amount of money and some of them may be even newer and nicer. So perhaps I should move!

But there's just too much to do and not enough time to do it. Last night, I was awake till about 2 am following up with some of my suitors - some of which turned out to be uninteresting. I haven't done a cold call in like 10 years, so I was muttering and the first two were pretty embarrassing. But I kept going and finally, my lucky break occurred. Two in a row, in fact! Some of my suitors fell off my A-List because they just didn't sound like people I could work with. And I know only one deserves my extra special incentive. No, it's not my chastity!

So far, I have a handful of serious contenders and this is what I need. I'd like a few more just to up the odds. I have to keep all of them interested and at the same time maximise my consulting fee whilst not going overboard with the TETSOB thing. It's a very delicate balance.

Evidently, TETSOB doesn't always result in stellar trading results and nothing can save me but Bernanke himself for he and I have a similar batting average apparently:

+0.47% SBA
+0.11% Roth IRA

+0.57% S&P
+0.53% DJIA
+0.35% Nasdaq

No comments: