Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Why Isn't It Hotter?

I'm not going to say that my portfolio was smokin' hot today! All throughout the session, I was wondering to myself why MS didn't rise even more. My Roth IRA consequently lagged behind the overall market.

+2.04% on the standard brokerage account...
+0.95% on the Roth IRA...

Harry contributed to the amazing results, but it was really NYX with a +5.11% move that saved today. I got an inferiority complex looking at some other companies with double digit gains for the day, though.

On the JBQ front, I'm still worrying about whether the Lehman bond issues I bought are the right ones. There hasn't been much progress really with my JBQ strategy. Out of all my junk bonds, I expect Finlay to be the first company to emerge from Chapter 11 and begin to distribute money from its estate - possibly as early as August 2010, but it could be February 2011 or later as well. Still, I think Finlay will be faster than Lehman.

Tomorrow will hopefully be smokin' hotter!

No comments: