Monday, February 22, 2010

1 + 1 = Calculator


Other than a relaxing trip to my local Hermes boutique on Saturday to visit my beautiful Hermes Kelly Sellier handbag, I had a rather boring weekend involving lots of balance sheets as well as preparing all my tax documentation for my accountant (snore). I swear I have never looked at so many balance sheets in my life and it made me wonder why I didn't pay more attention in Intro to Finance. And this is the time of year when everyone has a right to resent the IRS!

Anyway, how do you know when you've become a nymphomaniac market slut? When you can't even remember the symbol of the stock you just bought on Friday!

What was it... BGCP or BCGB? In any case, I am so tempted to sell it right now at a minor loss and get into some more C. George Soros' and John Paulson's investment in C has driven bid sizes up to a high seven figures at times. I swear I saw a bid block of over 9 million at one point. I'm not exactly amused because I am still building my position in C, but I should have thought of that last Friday when I got into BGCP (or is it BCGB)? This is what they would call a Monday Morning Quarterback, right?

Right... I thought BGCP could potentially break its 52 WH of $5.68 right before its earnings announcement, which would give me about a 35% gain in just a few days. So, should I do the whole trading ego the size of Belgium thing and stick with my trade or get into C? I think I'm going to do the whole TETSOB thing.

I'm also trying to get rid of BULIF (Bulgari). I still love Bulgari the brand. However, with a beta of 0.9, I would be lucky if I even get to sell it.

One thing's clear: I love high beta...


No comments: