Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Same Joke Twice?


It's just not as smokin' hot as it was, is it? HWD led my standard brokerage account back up +1.48% with a much-desired break above $10. I'm waiting for C to get above $4, but it isn't doing much really.

I fear it's going to be the same joke twice with MS. Volume remained below the 10 day average, but I see blocks of selling on MS, which makes me fear this will be one that plays me like BAC. AA and IPG both closed strongly.

I've been brainstorming on ways I could potentially avoid this same joke twice scenario. My positions aren't big enough for me to be half in half out anymore. So, I think I'm going to have to pair stocks with similar betas and trade them as if they were one position. I'd have to pay attention to both and keep one in my portfolio whilst taking profit on the second one. Then, I'd look for a buy opportunity again. It could work! At the least, I wouldn't be always wondering if a really quick retracement is imminent.

The Roth IRA lagged the market again - only a 0.51% gain! No one's going to be affected by any second hand smoke from that!


1 comment:

ForexDiva said...

I think I've figured it out... 走得快 好世界, 走得慢 無錢贊! LOL.