Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Too Big For Mail...


Despite FedEx earnings coming in weaker than expected, the market continued to rally as Bernanke provided fuel for the market bonfire.  Everyday, new bears are hauled in, ready for spit roasting.  One of these days, we'll bring in the pigs for slaughter!

My portfolio took another hit as lagging profits from my calls failed to offset losses on my puts.  My VIX ETFs dropped like an atomic bomb, quickly entering graveyard territory.  

Another failed coup d'etat, another market lesson learned.  Had I used a different ratio, had I waited until a few minutes prior to Bernanke, things might have been different.  The prospect of turning lead into gold continues to motivate me in spite of my short-term losses.  Will I be able to turn my graveyard portfolio around and convert this into a sustainable money maker or will I end up with a lump of coal?

Cries of financial repatriation, dominated by table-pounding chants of 'We want our 401(k) money back,' appear to be the message conviction bulls are sending here and semi-bears beware.  

-2.12% SBA
+0.27% Roth IRA

+0.39% DJIA
+0.78% Nasdaq
+0.67% S&P 

-0.13% FTSE
+0.33% Eurofirst
+2.03% Nikkei
+2.66% Shanghai

+1.17% WTI
+1.06% Brent
-0.30% Gold
+1.27% Copper
+0.55% Corn

-13.00% VIX
-0.35% DJT



No comments: