Thursday, March 14, 2013

Don't Stand Still, Go In For The Kill...


All month, people have been buying calls and selling puts.  All month, I've been buying puts and selling calls.  This type of contrarian behaviour got me nowhere and my happy shiny profit taking has been stalled for far too long.  I feel like the little girl in the sandbox who is the only one not on the swings and I want to play too!  Swing me, market makers...

In a market where money is confidently flowing in, lack of volume and lack of clear fundamental economic drivers are no matter.

So though I may be sarcastically thinking: 'Wow, we created 236,000 jobs and lost 332,000 jobs this month.  The economy must be doing really well,' other people are making money off of it.

Perception and not reality, right or wrong, is sometimes what matters most and this time, I missed out big time.  

Thankfully, I've lost some money, but not my will to survive.  So I'm not throwing in the towel yet...


-0.41% SBA
-0.07% Roth IRA

+0.58% DJIA
+0.43% Nasdaq
+0.56% S&P 

+0.74% FTSE
+1.15% Eurofirst
+1.16% Nikkei
+0.28% Shanghai

+0.57% WTI
+0.88% Brent
-0.03% Gold

-4.48% VIX
+0.78% DJT



No comments: