Friday, March 8, 2013

Diva... Still Not A Believa...


This week, I fought tooth and nail for profits and had it not been for stringent money management, I could have lost my skirt days ago.  


Something new I learned was to use calls to ride the upside after selling shares, thereby reducing capital allocation costs significantly.  


Somehow, I ended the week with just a small dent to my full portfolio even though NFPs hit it out of the park and came out much better than expectations.  Even as the market continues to hit fresh highs, I survived the week as a semi-bear and vow to redeem myself next week, albeit in some pain!  


Almost all the puts I purchased are now worth just pennies on the dollar, but this diva is still not a believer that the rally is here to stay...  No sireeee!

I want to experiment with putting half my money to work on the bull side and half my money to work on the bear side over the long term and will spend all weekend thinking about how to go about this.


-1.37% SBA (47.7% cash)

-0.34% Roth IRA (56.6% cash)

+0.47% DJIA

+0.38% Nasdaq
+0.45% S&P

+0.69% FTSE

+0.85% Eurofirst
+2.64% Nikkei
-0.24% Shanghai

+0.32% WTI
-0.45% Brent
+0.15% Gold

-3.60% VIX
+1.02% DJT

Happy weekend, bulls and bears!  




No comments: