Thursday, March 7, 2013

Long One Minute, Short The Next...


My trading might be bordering on schizophrenic, but I've got to position myself for future profits...  I've only been able to bank about 20% of what I banked last week, so I added some inexpensive calls and some puts that are due to expire later in the month.  I quite like being both long and short the market at once - unconventional as it may be.


Closing volumes continue to be anaemic, so with less and less money flowing into the market, it would be a challenge to sustain these levels:


SPY closing volume @ 53% of 10-day average

DIA closing volume @ 50% of 10-day average

The Dow Jones Transportation Index, often referred to as a leading indicator more bullishness ahead, closed in the red once again.  WTI closed higher whilst Brent closed lower, indicating resistance.


It's anyone's guess whether I'm sounding the alarm too early, but straddling the market is oh so fun for now!


-0.91% SBA

+0.45% Roth IRA

+0.23% DJIA

+0.30% Nasdaq
+0.18% S&P

+0.18% FTSE

-0.07% Eurofirst
+0.30% Nikkei
-0.98% Shanghai

+1.25% WTI

-0.10% Brent

-0.03% Gold


-3.40% VIX

-0.48% DJT


No comments: