Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ready for A Second Battle?

My colleague is always mocking me about my investing strategy. When I told him I added to my position in C, he indicated that "if you've purchased it, I'm sure it'll go down."

Guess what happened?

Yes, C has been heading south since I added to my position. Another friend was telling me how he's waiting for it to get to $1 again...

To be honest, I'm worried that the equities market rally might be short-lived and that the market will see a severe pullback. I've been bullish, but a number of sources are all bearish. I'm still condemning myself for ending up with the two weakest links in the financial sector (C and BAC).

But I'm gearing myself up for a second battle. This time, I'm unfortunately older but hopefully wiser. After feeling all self-defeated, I became my own cheerleader, telling myself
I'm down but not out. I have to pull myself up because no one else can do it for me.

I will be adding to C and NYSE at the very least if equities take another dip. I would like to add to other positions and initiate new positions, but it's now a question of too many stocks, too little money it seems.

As they like to say in London, keep your powder dry - and they don't mean Guerlain Meteorites Shimmer Powder.

No comments: