Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Lovely Hermes Experience


Prior to this Saturday, I’ve never been to my local Hermes, although I’ve been to several other ones outside of Belgium, usually walking out with a silk scarf wrapped in the signature Hermes bright orange packaging.

I was able to accomplish two key missions there. The first was getting my boss a 60th birthday gift. I did the totally unoriginal thing of getting him cufflinks, but the sales representative reassured me that they were new arrivals and I purchased the one with the most unique story of all, although if budget were of no concern, I would actually have liked to get him the Tiffany Elsa Peretti Lapis Lazuli Bean Cufflinks. I don’t know. Perhaps I’ll get them for my future boyfriend - lucky man.

Anyway, these Hermes Sceau cufflinks are based on the concept of rubber stamps with the Hermes Paris insignia in a mirror image, so one could actually use them as a stamp. How original is that? They were also the most solid as there were some flimsy ones there.

What made the whole experience so lovely is that one is actually treated with true respect throughout the shopping experience. The doorman does his job very elegantly while the sales representative seems to intuitively know exactly what you are looking for.

The funny thing is that the sales representative kept wishing me good luck with my gift as if I were purchasing it for the love of my life. Do I seriously look like I’ve got a schoolgirl crush on everyone?

Anyway, I also checked out the Hermes Lindy while I was there. There was a black one, but it was a bit small. I didn’t get to see the Hermes Birkin or the Hermes Kelly, but I plan on going back once I’ve got enough cash saved up so I can make my purchase with total confidence.

If I get the Hermes Birkin, I’ll look at least ten years older and guys might be even more afraid of me since I’ve got the whole diva thing going on already. But whatever. I’ve been dreaming about it for such a long time it would be self-abusive not to go for it.

No comments: