Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Great Grandfather's 1913 $2.5 Gold Coin



My Mom recently gave me my great grandfather's 1913 $2.5 gold coin.
I'm still trying to figure out who he was, really. No one knows anything about anyone in our family. And sometimes, it's too late to ask. It's kind of frustrating when you're trying to figure out who you are other than your next Bulgari watch or Hermes handbag.
I'm looking forward to seeing my favourite uncle again this summer. As he lives in California, we haven't seen each other in ages.
I think it'll be a somewhat life-changing experience for me. I'll get to ask him all sorts of questions about my family history. As odd as it may seem, I really feel like it'll positively affect my trading as well. I really don't know where I come from other than superficial facts. I feel like if I find out more about my past, I'll feel more secure about my future, which would then have implications for my trading.
So, this 1913 coin is priceless to me. It's going to start me off on a journey towards finding the missing pieces - along with tons of shopping expeditions obviously.

No comments: