Friday, June 19, 2009

Diva, Cynic, or Ungrateful? Perhaps Plain Wrong


Have I become so cynical that I could be considered ungrateful?

I've been making use of a lot of the trading webinars, personal account reviews, etc. offered by my forex broker. I reckon I've gotten very comfortable with all the options available to us and maybe to some degree have become quite a diva about it. I just realised maybe I've never really given myself a chance to fully absorb all of the viewpoints and insights offered to us because there was really very much a self-protective mechanism in place.

I've always had the lingering suspicion: how can someone who's technically trading against you be offering you any good trading advice?

Yet, on the whole, they have. One obviously needs to also do some more homework and look beneath the surface. There aren't that many valuable forex trading resources out there and surprisingly, my forex broker seems to be one of the better ones. So perhaps it's time I start trusting people a bit more.

For me, cynicism comes naturally, which is probably why I like contrarian investing. But sometimes, we need to examine our natural inclinations and question those beliefs because in challenging those belief systems, we can free ourselves from boundaries that might have been limiting us without us even realising it.

FT:How to rebuild trust when it is in short supply...


No comments: