Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bing & Obama - Like Forever?


I wonder if anyone's really using Bing. I tested it out today and was shocked to see that all the SEO we were doing at work has basically been for naught on Bing. Luckily, a colleague reminded me that Google still has search market dominance. So, perhaps over the short term, there's nothing to worry about. But with such a huge marketing campaign, I'd be surprised if Bing doesn't capture greater market share. It would be the battle between two could-be monopolies. I'm pondering buying MSFT, but still would rather invest in stocks with better P/E and EPS ratios.

Speaking of the lesser of two evils, just for the record, I did vote for Obama - only because it was the lesser of two evils. But I'm starting to develop a newfound respect for him after reading
this article. He is diplomatic, but I'm not sure I necessarily believe him.

Here's another interesting article on the
20th anniversary of Tiananmen. Wow, I actually remember Tiananmen happening, so that must prove I'm getting (gasp!) old.

There's something going on with the stock market in general though. I noticed a lot of the "safer plays" such as food processing companies and utilities have not moved much since the rally began, whereas the financial sector in general has experienced the most notable share value appreciation. DJIA is now approaching its 200 day moving average, so this must mean it's a critical point in the market.

Oh, woe is me! I'm still so hurt over my recent GBP/JPY heartbreak it's like salt on the wound. But as long as
Harry Winston continues talking to me, life will be one fine day.

No comments: