Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Tandoor On the Trading Floor...


As the US markets continue to heat up like a tandoor oven, I've gone from gold digging to grave digging really fast.  Now that Dear Carl Icahn took the lead in selling part of his NFLX stake, everyone's been abuzz with this being the potential market top.  Couldn't they have said it 6 months ago when I started becoming a semi-bear?

Finally, we closed the day with DJIA in the green and DJT deeply in the red.

My scheduled meeting yesterday was a bit of a disaster as I found myself battling foot in mouth disease.  Unexpectedly, I ended up meeting with the guy's competitor.  I've done my fair share of cold calling back in the day, but I took it up a notch by just popping into this guy's office and introducing myself.  Talk about thick skin!  But if you don't have thick skin, you can't survive in this economy.  

After telling it like it is with two junior level sales guys, the boss stepped in and almost immediately, I saw that he saw what I saw.  Thank God!

So far, two guys have told me that they want to be exclusive, but I've still got my sights set on an open outcry financial scenario that will turn everyone's destinies around for the better.  And I've got to follow up with my ex-boss - something I've been procrastinating.

It's time to put my trading ego aside.  Besides, I want to find out if there's a lack of business confidence because of the government shutdown - or is there a lack of business confidence in me?  

From the hour that 9FM recently spent speaking with me and the half hour the guy from yesterday spent to understand my project, I think I'm going to hit some hidden treasure very soon.   


+0.47% SBA
-1.31% Roth IRA

+0.82% DJIA
-0.20% Nasdaq
+0.43% S&P 

-0.08% FTSE
+0.39% Eurofirst
+0.79% Nikkei
-0.82% Shanghai
-0.38% SENSEX
-0.01% Hang Seng

+1.55% WTI
-0.38% Brent
+0.63% Gold
-0.48% Copper
-0.94% Corn

+0.35% EUR/USD
+0.55% EUR/JPY

0.91 Put / Call Ratio

0.069 Treasurys | DTCC GCF Repo Index
0.075 MBS | DTCC GCF Repo Index

-0.71% DJT
-4.52% VIX

-3.26% 5-Year US Treasury Notes
-0.83% 10-Year US Treasury Notes

52% Advancing Issues on NYSE                        |   55% Up Volume
45% Declining Issues on NYSE                         |   44% Down Volume
3% Unchanged                                              |   1% Unchanged
183 New Highs   |   28 New Lows

46% Advancing Issues on Nasdaq                     |   41% Up Volume
50% Declining Issues on Nasdaq                      |   57% Down Volume
4% Unchanged                                              |   2% Unchanged
145 New Highs   |   52 New Lows


Today's Major Headlines

NY Elects First Democratic Mayor In 24 Years (Oh, no!)

Even Art Cashin Is Frustrated With the Stock Market




No comments: