Wednesday, December 14, 2011

This Message Is Being Transmitted From the Great Beyond...


I'm way underground here... still digging, but still far from hitting gold.

Something is seriously not right here.

CENX and JRCC hit 52-week lows on 4 October 2011, corresponding with a VIX level of around 40. Here we are at VIX 26.22 and we're about 26% above the JRCC low and 20% above the CENX low. Higher prices, lower VIX...

We've had a drop in volatility over the past few days, but prices have also dropped on most commodities given the strength in the USD. Should I now be paying attention to the $DXY rather than VIX?

We're pretty much near the annual high on the $DXY. I'll be looking at this very, very closely as a break above the annual high at 81.31 could signal an even bigger directional move on commodities. And if the downslide continues, I better be ready with some bids on oil sector plays, which I anticipate will be the first to rebound upon a short squeeze, whenever that may occur.

Research time... but I'm way too tired from getting up so early these past few mornings. I got a tonne done though. I implemented about 17 points out of my now 48-point corporate marketing plan! I've got to get more momentum going though and am really surprised that the recent downturn in the trading has actually led me to get more fired up about my business. That - and in less than a week, 9FM and I will find out how deep our future fiscal union will be. Either way, I've got a plan to make it more satisfying than ever - unlike my portfolio...


Tuesday, 13 December 2011

-3.69% SBA
-1.85% Roth IRA

-0.55% DJIA
-1.26% Nasdaq
-0.87% S&P

+1.15% FTSE
+0.55% Eurofirst

+2.53% WTI Crude
+1.64% Brent Crude

-1.10% Gold
-1.99% Copper
+0.30% Corn


Wednesday, 14 December 2011

-1.45% SBA
-0.96% Roth IRA

-1.10% DJIA
-1.55% Nasdaq
-1.13% S&P

-2.25% FTSE
-2.10% Eurofirst

-0.39% Nikkei
-0.89% Shanghai
-0.76% SENSEX

-5.19% WTI Crude
-4.30% Brent Crude

-5.16% Gold
-4.73% Copper
-1.36% Corn


Check out Professor Paulson's commentary on FT... Europe Needs A Firewall To Stabilise Markets...

Alas, ForexDiva needs a firefighter to provide dollar liquidity to portfolio...



No comments: