Thursday, December 1, 2011

Missed the Market Today...


At an ungodly hour this morning, I decided to do some more proposals for my business, resulting in me completely missing my alarm - and therefore, Natural Gas Storage Inventories.

I would rather miss some minor market action than be so engrossed that I could potentially miss paving an even bigger financial path for myself though.

I've made up my mind: by Q1 2012, I'm going to have to bring in more business - and when I do so successfully, leaving my previous job would have been worth it both emotionally and financially. I've avoided discussing the emotional aspect of this lifestyle choice, choosing to hide behind a facade of anger. But in all honesty, behind the opera mask of being a diva, it hurt and though I'm sure my previous employer felt betrayal, no one can feel more betrayed than an employee who has put her heart and soul into her work for 9 consecutive years.

Finally, I felt like a gradual shift in philosophy occurred within me after my lovely business class journey on Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong. So I've been taking action ever since.

As I've got to get ready to meet my new BFF real estate broker since I may have to relocate depending on prevailing market conditions and whether I can find a better but yet more cost effective humble abode, I have to cut straight to today's report card:


+0.73% SBA
-0.07% Roth IRA

-0.21% DJIA
+0.22% Nasdaq
-0.19% S&P

-0.29% FTSE
-0.61% Eurofirst

+1.93% Nikkei
+2.29% Shanghai
+2.23% SENSEX (darn it, should have called 9FM!)

-0.38% WTI Crude
-1.34% Brent Crude

-0.13% Gold
-1.09% Copper
-1.08% Corn

+0.16% EUR/USD
-0.05% GBP/USD

-1.12% VIX

+7.06% WNR



No comments: