Monday, December 12, 2011

Shopping Casket


Over the weekend, I decided to establish new business hours of 4 am to 4 pm in order to work with all different time zones from Hong Kong to India to Europe and the USA. After a beautiful bounce on Friday, I thought we'd have a promising segue into this important week, where we get to hear straight from His Royal Highness with tomorrow's FOMC Statement.

So this morning, I rolled out of bed at around 3:30 am to get ready for a big day ahead. I felt ultra upbeat and started implementing my 27-point corporate marketing plan with a tonne of energy and enthusiasm.

As soon as the market opened, I developed an instant hatred for David Cameron and all Tall European Men.

It turns out I dug my own grave and the market makers threw in a casket for free.

The more I looked at the market, the fraidier I became. This isn't the type of energy I want to subconsciously project onto my business, but the strangest thing is that VIX is now in the red. What? That's kind of a first, isn't it? I'm hoping and praying that this could be the first sign that it's now the bears' turn to be cremated. 25 on VIX is key. Will we see some further downside on VIX? And could it signal the market turn that I sorely require?

My latest play, PQ, closed the day near its daily high, which is all the more encouraging.

Keeping the stock market faith alive is so difficult at this point, but I'm already in so deep. I might as well see if I can start turning this grave into a tunnel somehow...


Friday, 9 December 2011

+2.64% SBA
+1.00% Roth IRA

+1.55% DJIA
+1.94% Nasdaq
+1.69% S&P

+0.83% FTSE
+1.25% Eurofirst

-1.48% Nikkei
-0.62% Shanghai
-1.67% SENSEX

+1.52% WTI Crude
+1.34% Brent Crude

+0.05% Gold
+1.91% Copper
-0.85% Corn


Monday, 12 December 2011

-4.83% SBA
-2.02% Roth IRA

-1.34% DJIA
-1.31% Nasdaq
-1.49% S&P

+1.37% Nikkei
-1.02% Shanghai
-2.12% SENSEX (leave my favourite 9FM alone!)

-1.27% WTI Crude
-1.22% Brent Crude

-2.85% Gold
-2.92% Copper
+0.26% Corn

-2.65% VIX, currently at 25.67



No comments: