Monday, December 7, 2009

Stimulating the Global Economy...

Over the past few weeks, I've been really into PDO. It got me bitter and fairly depressed. Finally, enough was enough and I needed some retail therapy. So, I'm quite pleased to announce that over the past two (three?) weeks, I did more than my fair share of stimulating the global economy by shopping not only in Belgium, but even the US, UK, and Japan.

Online shopping is nothing short of miraculous and it helps to have colleagues who travel.

I finally have my Hermes Attrape tes Reves scarf that I've been dying to buy since I first saw it. Unfortunately, as fate would have it, I looked in at least three Hermes boutiques and was never able to get my hands on one. Finally, I noticed that it was available in Japan. My colleague happened to be in Japan and I ended up purchasing the last one in Tokyo!

It's absolutely beautiful!

I'm so happy, I'll share a stock I'd been researching, which I won't be able to buy for some time. It's BX (Blackstone Group). I don't own any yet, but since it's got a dividend yield of 8.79% and a book value of 11.073, I wouldn't mind owning it, especially if I'm able to place it in my Roth IRA. It has a negative EPS though, but I think the dividend yield makes it very attractive.

Do your own homework and good luck!

No comments: