Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Life After ABK...


My portfolio's +0.55% today. I have a feeling this might be a light trading week for me...

But there's life after exchanging my ABK bonds for Finlay ones. I actually feel better after taking the plunge. What I did was I cashed out on my ABK bonds completely and used the proceeds (three figures!) to buy Finlay ones with a face value of approximately the same as what I'd been holding with ABK. I think the Finlay bonds stand a good chance of a recovery of about $0.68 on the dollar for unsecured creditors. Don't quote me though. My portfolio's at least 40% off. My Finlay bond holdings are now worth a total of a good five figure sum.

I'm watching AMD, CPB, and HWD this week. I really hope that I'll be able to breakeven with CPB this year. Compared to the broader market, it's got quite a low P/E. Its EPS is higher than some of its industry peers, such as ADM, SLE, and even KFT and HSY. I'm targeting a P/E ratio of 20 or above with CPB, which means I'd have to watch it at about $41.



No comments: