Thursday, October 17, 2013

Oh, Carl Icahn!


I'm always missing out on your NFLX tricks...  Next time!  


It's too bad I traded in my NFLX calls for some Jack & The Beanstalk type LVS puts.  It looks like LVS beat consensus expectations and they're even increasing their dividends.  The bulls are probably going to trample all over my puts tomorrow.  


Efforts to push my portfolio higher have been futile today.  I feel like I'm the villainess in a cartoon with a rain cloud following me wherever I go.  Stop stalking me, Naked Put Sellers!  I've had enough and I'm not that evil...  


After having to reschedule an important conference call, I had some free time to do a tonne of research on high P/E stocks so I can go on a massive put buying spree in hopes of catching an IBM or ISRG type move.  



-0.46% SBA

-2.33% Roth IRA

-0.01% DJIA

+0.62% Nasdaq
+0.67% S&P 

+0.07% FTSE

+0.19% Eurofirst
+0.83% Nikkei
-0.21% Shanghai
-0.64% SENSEX
-0.57% Hang Seng

-1.58% WTI

-1.48% Brent
+2.96% Gold
-0.61% Copper
+0.17% Corn

+1.06% EUR/USD

+1.35% GBP/USD (whoa... GOLs!)
-0.89% USD/JPY


0.88 Put / Call Ratio


0.255 Treasurys | DTCC GCF Repo Index 

0.286 MBS | DTCC GCF Repo Index 

+0.16% DJT

-8.36% VIX

-5.09% 5-Year US Treasury Notes

-3.14% 10-Year US Treasury Notes

81% Advancing Issues on NYSE                        |   78% Up Volume

17% Declining Issues on NYSE                         |   20% Down Volume
2% Unchanged                                              |   2% Unchanged
337 New Highs   |   22 New Lows


65% Advancing Issues on Nasdaq                     |   61% Up Volume

31% Declining Issues on Nasdaq                      |   38% Down Volume
4% Unchanged                                              |   1% Unchanged
262 New Highs   |   25 New Lows


Today's Major Headlines


FT: Fed Could Taper As Early As December


BBRY Up On Lenovo Interest


GS Fixed Income Trading Worst In Class


Financial Astrology!


And... straight from Wikipedia:


"[Astrologer] Evangeline Adams in 1929 predicted that the stock market would continue to rise in price. On Labor Day, September 2, she told a reporter for radio station WJZ that "the Dow Jones could climb to heaven." The next day the Dow Jones reached a record high, then fell dramatically, not reaching that level again until November 1954."



No comments: