Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I've Had It!


It took a lot for me not to jump into FB calls and I was left long $43 puts going into earnings announcement.  It appears it was the wrong choice given the market's Extended Hours reaction to a $0.06 beat, but I'm left with a much bigger decision than my trading.

After staying up to speak with 9FM well past 2 am last night, I'm pondering whether I should throw in the financial towel - at least temporarily.  On one hand, I'm at his mercy because we have two pending potential 7 to 8 figure clients.  On the other hand, he's not willing to increase the below-market commissions he's willing to pay me and I have a string of other pending potential 7 to 8 figure clients that I haven't referred to him yet.  I need him and he needs me, but I really stopped myself from pleading with him.  'Cause I can't help it if he looks like an angel...  Can't help it if there's no one else...  

I'm going to call him again tonight... maybe...  to see if he Comes In With the Rain or whether there'll be Teardrops On My Guitar...

I've ended up being the dumb money on a tonne of stuff aside from my trading lately and trying to turn this around has been like hitting brick wall after brick wall.  

I haven't given up yet, but I'm seriously thisclose:

-2.01% SBA
+0.28% Roth IRA

-0.39% DJIA
-0.55% Nasdaq
-0.49% S&P 

+0.04% FTSE
-0.04% Eurofirst
+1.23% Nikkei
+1.48% Shanghai
+0.50% SENSEX
+2.00% Hang Seng

-1.58% WTI
+0.79% Brent
-0.22% Gold
+1.33% Copper
-0.46% Corn

+0.38% USD/JPY

0.97 Put / Call Ratio

-0.61% DJT
+1.79% VIX

0.098 Treasurys | DTCC GCF Repo Index
0.105 MBS | DTCC GCF Repo Index

+3.32% 5-Year US Treasury Notes
+0.80% 10-Year US Treasury Notes

29% Advancing Issues on NYSE                          |   36% Up Volume
68% Declining Issues on NYSE                           |   63% Down Volume
3% Unchanged                                                |   1% Unchanged
215 New Highs   |   13 New Lows

25% Advancing Issues on Nasdaq                       |   26% Up Volume
71% Declining Issues on Nasdaq                        |   73% Down Volume
4% Unchanged                                                |   1% Unchanged
178 New Highs   |   33 New Lows


Today's Major Headlines

Atlas Didn't Shrug - Yet... December or January Taper Still On the Table

Batista Seeks OGX Bankruptcy Protection

Cities Compete To Be Global Centre of RMB Trading



No comments: