Monday, October 21, 2013

HSFTs... Get Me An Ambulance...


I missed out big time on those NFLX calls and it really, really hurts watching the stock skyrocket today just after my calls had expired...  I think I had $335 calls, which means if I hadn't been such a cheapo and had bought calls that expired this week instead of trying to save $1 per share on the calls last week, I would have seen gains of just about $55 per share - theoretically.  That's real money!  Just one of these per month would make me very, very happy.  The risk is so low and the profits are so high...  Oh, The Diva likes these unilateral triple digit stock price plays!  

People spend years in stocks trying to get these gains and with options, it can happen overnight.  I better not scream it from the rooftops, or everyone will start trading options and the profits will get arbitraged.  

And I didn't just miss out on NFLX, but also AAPL.  So I'm pretty ticked off at the moment.

But I did get to speak with my ex-boss briefly today and he was definitely the bigger person in agreeing to support one of my new marketing ideas to tap into a new market and I want to get the whole industry involved.  This could get bigger than my trading ego!

Oh, Good Lord, I'm praying for better luck next time!  These profits just slipped through my fingers by a hair.  

I'm going to catch one!  I'm going to catch one!  (Stomping my feet...)

Who knows?  ZNGA might be it...


-0.63% SBA
-1.18% Roth IRA

-0.05% DJIA
+0.15% Nasdaq
+0.01% S&P 

+0.48% FTSE
+0.27% Eurofirst
+0.91% Nikkei
+1.62% Shanghai
+0.05% SENSEX
+0.42% Hang Seng

-1.65% WTI
-0.13% Brent
+0.16% Gold
-0.08% Copper
+0.40% Corn

+0.49% USD/JPY
+0.49% EUR/JPY

0.81 Put / Call Ratio

0.135 Treasurys | DTCC GCF Repo Index
0.134 MBS | DTCC GCF Repo Index

+0.40% DJT
+0.92% VIX

+1.50% 5-Year US Treasury Notes
+0.77% 10-Year US Treasury Notes

47% Advancing Issues on NYSE                          |   41% Up Volume
50% Declining Issues on NYSE                           |   57% Down Volume
3% Unchanged                                                |   2% Unchanged
364 New Highs   |   13 New Lows

46% Advancing Issues on Nasdaq                       |   51% Up Volume
50% Declining Issues on Nasdaq                        |   48% Down Volume
4% Unchanged                                                |   1% Unchanged
376 New Highs   |   17 New Lows


Today's Major Headlines


NFLX Earnings Quadruple (And ForexDiva missed it, darn it!)



No comments: