Friday, October 25, 2013

Don't Shoot! The Diva Surrenders...


Last night, I watched the 'End of the Road: How Money Became Worthless' documentary slash financial horror story starring Peter Schiff.  It got me so, so scared and I highly recommend it.  


What really got me thinking was that the documentary points out that Treasurys are basically akin to a giant Ponzi scheme and that the day people stop buying Treasurys, it will all unravel and there will be a massive transfer of wealth to emerging markets coupled with a precipitous, sudden double digit drop in the USD.  


I love the guy, but since Bernanke's been buying Treasurys and will soon be passing the baton onto Janet Yellen, what does he know that we don't?  Why does he have to keep buying Treasurys?  Is it already starting to unravel?  Coincidentally, the FT has a story about shaken confidence in the USD.


I wish someone would prop up my portfolio and buy all the LEAPs I stuffed into my portfolio back in May.  They're still getting killed and in spite of the fun I had with AMZN, I got thoroughly grilled.  


From now on, I'm only playing earnings announcements or technical setups with options! No more LEAPs...  It turns out even the cheapos make money during a trading frenzy as the AMZN calls I had were set to expire today.  


-2.93% SBA

-4.84% Roth IRA (thanks to SDR calls... SDR -16.69% on Raymond James downgrade)

+0.39% DJIA

+0.37% Nasdaq
+0.44% S&P 

+0.12% FTSE

-0.09% Eurofirst
-2.75% Nikkei
-1.45% Shanghai

+0.91% WTI

+0.14% Brent
+0.12% Gold
-0.15% Copper
-0.11% Corn

0.92 Put / Call Ratio


-0.60% DJT

-0.83% VIX

0.086 Treasurys | DTCC GCF Repo Index

0.095 MBS | DTCC GCF Repo Index

-1.99% 5-Year US Treasury Notes

-0.75% 10-Year US Treasury Notes

56% Advancing Issues on NYSE                           |   60% Up Volume

41% Declining Issues on NYSE                            |   39% Down Volume
3% Unchanged                                                 |   1% Unchanged
251 New Highs   |   13 New Lows

45% Advancing Issues on Nasdaq                        |   44% Up Volume

51% Declining Issues on Nasdaq                         |   55% Down Volume
4% Unchanged                                                 |   1% Unchanged
240 New Highs   |   17 New Lows


Today's Major Headlines


JPMorgan Settlement Move Spurs Rivals To Act


FT: USD - Superpower At Risk of Slippage  


No comments: