Thursday, May 9, 2013

Rumour-monger In May & Go Away?


Whatever it was, it appears the bulls finally doubled up enough to bring about a bout of last-minute 'scramble for the profits and rush for the exits' profit-taking, leading to a SPY close below its daily 50% Fib level!  DJT echoed the sudden move downwards, closing with a thud to the downside.  Overseas, even the Nikkei failed to hold onto gains, closing in the red today.  

Could the Japanese Housewives know something we're not yet cognizant of?  Did I overpay for my recent call-buying spree?  

My VIX ETFs are in play at the moment and if I see any continuation patterns on the UVXY or the VXX, I'm going to get into some calls.  I'm also going to research some foreign ETFs and potentially buy puts on those markets.  Maybe...

Let's see if The Chairman can lift the markets up tomorrow with his strong, Atlas-like financial shoulders...  


+1.10% SBA
-1.32% Roth IRA

+0.14% FTSE
-0.02% Eurofirst
-0.66% Nikkei
-0.59% Shanghai
-0.26% SENSEX

-0.78% WTI
-0.43% Brent
-1.42% Gold
-1.16% Copper
+2.96% Corn

-0.90% EUR/USD
-0.55% GBP/USD
+1.64% USD/JPY
+0.73% EUR/JPY

-1.13% DJT
+4.66% VIX



No comments: