Monday, May 20, 2013

Positioning = Plaisir


Over the weekend, I started reading Market Wizards: Interviews With Top Traders, which has been on my bookshelves for ages.  I finally dusted it off and not many pages into the book, the importance of positioning dawned on me as I read Michael Marcus' words: "However, the thing that saved me was that when a trade met all my criteria, I would enter five to six times the position size I was doing on the other trades."  

I've had my fair share of winners lately, but my losers still weigh down my account too much, causing me to spend time on repatriation rather than pure profit-taking.  

There's an inkling that my trading is finally turning the page for the better as even after withdrawing some cash on Friday, my equity increased today, surpassing what I had on Friday.  

It's a good start, but I need to make improvements everyday...

In focus this week: 

BOJ Policy Statement on Tuesday or Wednesday
Bernanke + Existing Home Sales + Fed Minutes on Wednesday
Unemployment Claims + New Home Sales on Thursday
US Core Durable Goods on Friday


+4.44% SBA
+0.09% Roth IRA

-0.12% DJIA
-0.07% Nasdaq
-0.07% S&P 

+0.48% FTSE
+0.31% Eurofirst
+1.47% Nikkei
+0.75% Shanghai
-0.31% SENSEX
+1.78% Hang Seng

+0.67% WTI
+0.11% Brent
+1.58% Gold
+0.93% Copper
-0.57% Corn

+0.55% EUR/USD
+0.55% GBP/USD
-0.74% USD/JPY

-0.58% DJT
+4.58% VIX

+0.82% 10-Year US Treasury Notes



No comments: