Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Heart Is Beating So Fast & I'm Short of Breath...


I got only 3 hours of sleep last night as the Japanese Housewives once again knifed down big time!  I figured the US stock market would sell off too and worried about how I don't have any more SPY puts left.  For the first time in ForexDiva history, I did not blame myself and focused on how I can turn this thing around without getting dinged some more.

I woke up with a fresh perspective and searched for instances where I could sell a put and still have a backup plan if I should get assigned at the last minute.  I've seen Mike Khouw do it enough that I should know by now how put spreads work.  But somehow, I only paid attention half-heartedly - until today.  

Perhaps these opportunities don't come around very often, but when they do, they could be really cool.  I have to hang ten here and not get scared out of the trade by paper losses.  The point is to wait until I get assigned (or not) and then throw down a Full House in the form of my SPY 165.50 puts that expire one week later.  I hope I've got it right this time!  

Shockingly, in spite of a Nikkei that fell -5.15% overnight, the US stock rally marched onwards and upwards, undeterred by weaker than expected Unemployment Claims and Pending Home Sales.  Even my Japanese bank calls didn't get hit much, but my EWJ puts didn't pop much either.

The market has a blindspot, but who am I to judge?  

-0.03% SBA
+1.24% Roth IRA

+0.14% DJIA
+0.69% Nasdaq
+0.37% S&P 

+0.45% FTSE
+0.32% Eurofirst
-5.15% Nikkei
-0.27% Shanghai
+0.34% SENSEX
-0.31% Hang Seng

+0.58% WTI
-0.23% Brent
+1.54% Gold
+0.47% Copper
-1.43% Corn

+0.83% EUR/USD
+0.67% GBP/USD

+0.19% DJT
-2.09% VIX

00.00% 10-Year US Treasury Notes




No comments: