Wednesday, May 8, 2013

For A Moment There, I Thought The Tide Was Finally Turning...


DJT looked like it was knifing down and the VIX suddenly popped.  Then, the bulls punched back even at these lofty levels and I decided to let go of some SPY puts during the final few minutes of trading at a loss in the name of capital preservation.  

Closing volume on the SPY reached 87% of its 10-day average volume.  Is this the Double Up Moment I've been waiting for?  Are the bulls getting so greedy that we can finally start knifing back with success?  

The May 18 '13 SPY Food Chain must look very tasty to the Market Makers, so I've given up hope on repatriating any of the losses on my SPY puts with the May 18 expiry date.  By buying out of the money calls, I've learned a few tricks on front running too and I've decided I can just as easily use this strategy when the market turns south - if it ever does.

If we get a bad Unemployment Claims number tomorrow, will the beautiful sell-off I've been waiting for finally occur?

The ultimate would be if we get a bad number and the market still moves higher!  I wouldn't misunderestimate the bulls...


-0.78% SBA
+0.41% Roth IRA

+0.32% DJIA
+0.49% Nasdaq
+0.41% S&P 

+0.40% FTSE
+0.70% Eurofirst
+0.74% Nikkei
+0.48% Shanghai
+0.51% SENSEX

+0.96% WTI
-0.22% Brent
+1.70% Gold
+1.79% Copper
-0.07% Corn

+0.59% EUR/USD
+0.53% EUR/JPY

+0.22% DJT
-1.48% VIX



No comments: