Thursday, May 23, 2013

I Might As Well Have Slept Through This!


Overnight, my worries about the Nikkei dropping -7.32% turned into extensive plotting of how I can potentially turn the global market bloodbath into a profit-making opportunity for my portfolio.  I stayed up researching and putting together a playlist comprising of:

EWV June $22 calls
EWJ June $12 puts

Things looked promising as gold logged a comeback and I figured my SLV calls might come into play too.  I rang the imaginary cash register in my head several times as I had a few positions that the Market Makers could rig in my favour: SLV, SPY $164s, TVIX, UVXY, VXX, and some UVXY calls to boot.  Then, the market opened and the day turned out to be heart-wrenchingly disappointing.

I might as well have slept through the entire day, as my Japanese bank calls didn't fall as much as anticipated and my SPY put gains slipped through my fingers and turned into open-mouth gasps and frustrating losses as the Buy the Dippers trumped the Sell the Rippers.  

I seriously thought all my Japanese bank calls would go straight to zero today and put a -10% dent in my Roth IRA.

What's the point of hedging and being a semi-bear?


+0.44% SBA
-2.67% Roth IRA

-0.08% DJIA
-0.11% Nasdaq
-0.29% S&P 

-2.10% FTSE
-2.10% Eurofirst
-7.32% Nikkei
-1.16% Shanghai
-1.93% SENSEX
-2.54% Hang Seng

+0.14% WTI
+0.03% Brent
+1.78% Gold
-1.82% Copper
+0.46% Corn

+0.65% EUR/USD
-1.36% USD/JPY
-0.73% EUR/JPY

+0.21% DJT
+1.81% VIX

-0.15% 10-Year US Treasury Notes



No comments: