Monday, April 15, 2013

Good God...


Boar's Head Ham...  Roast Suckling Pig...  I had the menu all planned out and the day I had been long awaiting finally arrived, but unexpected tragedy struck in the form of potential terrorism at the Boston Marathon, which led to at least two casualties and injured another 24 victims.  

A terrible incident indeed, but certainly not the initial cause of the sell-off.  The market had gapped lower with the rest of the global markets and as Art Cashin had stated first the previous Friday, was most likely the result of "deflationary winds."  

Gold led the rest of the market down, decelerating by over -9% whilst the VIX spiked +43.20%.  

I will be accused of being unpatriotic, but you knew what an awful, bigoted woman I was anyway, so there's no point in trying to hide it.

All in all, a major resurrection of my portfolio, but not in the way I expected - and I strangely find it hard to be happy about the day's profits...  Perhaps I do have a heart after all?


+8.39% SBA
+0.38% Roth IRA

-1.79% DJIA
-2.38% Nasdaq
-2.30% S&P 

-0.64% FTSE
-0.63% Eurofirst
-1.55% Nikkei
-1.13% Shanghai
+0.63% SENSEX

-3.24% WTI
-2.76% Brent
-9.23% Gold
-1.76% Copper
-1.82% Corn

-0.83% USD/JPY
-1.91% EUR/JPY

-3.81% DJT
+43.20% VIX 



No comments: