Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Weapons of Mass Deception...


Sadly, both my portfolios got hit hard today as the bulls continued to run with momentum and took out stops both ways - first by sending the bears covering their shorts all the way up to SPY 157.93 and then by cooking the bulls with a full-throttle reversal that fully recovered within 20 minutes.  180,000 front-month Treasury contracts were reportedly executed within a span of 3 to 4 minutes as a phishing attack of an Associated Press Twitter account deceptively rattled up investor nerves once again.

Other than getting knifed, I got in on none of the fun, but DJT convincingly closed below its daily 50% Fib level, so I'm expecting profit-taking to come my way very soon.

SPY calls are just not popping enough, but if I had held onto those SPY $154.50 calls from last week, I would have tripled my money by now.  

Alas, there's no turning back.

I have a tonne of calls on at least three banks with some sort of government backing, including Japanese banks such as MFG and NMR and now LYG, where the BOE is expected to extend its Funding for Lending Scheme.  Will my new LYG calls spike the punchbowl and cause massive inflation within my SBA?  

I'll continue to keep an eye on the 12 level on the VIX, but I may as well be flipping a coin with the way my portfolio has been performing.  

This move up was designed to trap both ways: trapped the bears who bought $2 puts (myself included) + trap the bulls on the way back up.  


-6.08% SBA
-0.77% Roth IRA

+1.05% DJIA
+1.11% Nasdaq
+1.04% S&P 

+2.00% FTSE
+2.43% Eurofirst
-0.29% Nikkei
-2.57% Shanghai
+0.05% SENSEX

+0.12% WTI
-0.05% Brent
-0.45% Gold
-1.12% Copper
-1.09% Corn

+0.28% DJT
-6.32% VIX


No comments: