Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Et Tu, NTI?


While the rest of the market happily skipped another chartbeat up, my SBA and Roth IRA knifed down some more.  The most unexpected decline was from NTI, once the star of my portfolio.  NTI posted a -8.56% daily decline, not at all divine.

According to Dow Jones:

"Northern Tier Energy LP (NTI) in April will shut its Saint Paul Park, Minn., refinery for about 25 days to complete its expansion project that will increase crude-oil throughput of Bakken crude by 10%, or about 8,000 barrels a day, the company said during its fourth-quarter and full-year 2012 earnings call March 14. The starting date of the planned shutdown wasn't specified."


Perhaps it is time for me to start being a semi-bull again?  I was thinking of getting into some DIA calls, but DJT closed the day in the red again and the one-year DJT clearly shows a double top formation with the second top being a lower top than the first top.  6117.20, the 21 March 2013 support level, has also been broken with today's close at 6087.04...  Will we see 5,800 on DJT sometime soon and is it time for me to look for longer term puts rather than get washed out month after month?  We need one more lower low on the DJT tomorrow to confirm the imminent downtrend.  If we get it, I'm buying some in-the-money puts!

One time, one of the guys on Fast Money septupled his money (7x) in one shot... I think it was Mike Khouw.  I won't bet my subsistence farm, but one very good trade could turn things around for the I've Fallen & I Can't Get Up Diva.


-2.73% SBA
-1.85% Roth IRA

+0.61% DJIA
+0.48% Nasdaq
+0.52% S&P 

+1.23% FTSE
+1.25% Eurofirst
-1.08% Nikkei
-0.30% Shanghai
+0.93% SENSEX

-0.23% WTI
-0.67% Brent
-1.54% Gold
-0.09% Copper
-0.16% Corn

-5.89% VIX
-1.22% DJT




No comments: