Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Nominate...


... 9 Figure Man for Minister of Finance in the Indian Ministry Cabinet Reshuffle! He got me, and he got me good. My project with him is officially complete and it was quite the experience. I was supposed to travel, but ended up not going because he had the audacity to call me on my birthday and make me cry. He threatened not to pay and it was a good thing I was legal and ethical by including a very interesting clause in the agreement in addition to the non-refund clause. I listened to my intuition and it worked in my favour.

That, plus I was lucky enough to get a call from an industry insider who decided to check up on me. It was perfect timing and I asked him for advice and he told me the best thing anyone could have told me at the time. Although I have to say, I don't know if there'll be future opportunities for 9 Figure Man to fill my wallet again. I thought I did an excellent job and this was one of my best works yet.

I admit I liked the way he went about filling my wallet. And if you leave out the bit about him making me cry, I like the guy. He's got trading style. He unbuttoned my prices below my bid all the way below the 50% retracement, then wouldn't touch my pips for a few days, leaving me burning for price action. When he decided to fill my wallet, he wanted agreements with a few of his companies. I had to be on high alert in order to successfully navigate his stop-running land mines.

I'm not one day too late to be back it seems. The market definitely went on without me and with my newfound cash, I'm going to do some research and take my trading to a higher level. Earnings announcement season is already here and tomorrow, we get JPM. We are experiencing record two year lows on many stocks, so it makes it seem like a good buying opportunity. The keyword here is seem. I'm going to have to look into this more since my portfolio is still in a dire state due to some mishaps earlier on in the year - selling CENX way too early, buying ZZ, buying BAC, buying NMR and MFG instead of PQ and that coal company, can't remember its name during the Japanese Earthquake.

This time around, I'm going to practice responsible trading and I'm going to try to make it a point not to trade any more catastrophic calamities. It definitely is bad karma.

Had I not traded the Japanese Earthquake, I could definitely have had a lot more moola in the bank. Right now, I'm barely skirting six figures gross. I had two 9 Figure Men wanting to work with me, but I played it wrong! Next time this happens, I know what to do. I'll play it like a forex market maker and bid them both up.

I'm also taking the rest of the year to develop my business. There's so much to do - so much potential. And if I'm blogging less, that's a small price to pay for greater financial satisfaction. What counts is what's in the bank account...

I'll be back with some research - maybe tomorrow, sort of.

Till then, I leave you with a terrifyingly mediocre report card:

+0.18% Roth IRA (-13.37% overall on this account)
-0.67% SBA (you don't want to know my overall performance on this account, nor do I wish to tell you)


No comments: