Monday, July 25, 2011

Halloween In July?


It seems the bearish angle has not run its course just yet and my MS partial sell on Friday proved temporarily correct, although I have to mention my typo on Friday. For the record, I sold at $23.88 and my original buy-in was at $21.18 and not $21.88.

A major currency market move also occurred today by way of Franc strengthening. USD/CHF moved from Friday's market close of 0.8185 all the way to 0.802 today, which leads me to wonder if we're going to get Halloween in July - or August?

When I first started trading forex, I got hit with a stop-running incident in August. This time around, is this an opportunity for me to be on the right side of the trade in a really big way for a change? I haven't been engaging in any extracurricular forex with any Professors of Finance lately, but one with dark framed glasses must be somewhere if I look closely enough. Although I know the JPY pairs are often the first to move during a risk adverse environment, I have a nagging feeling to substantiate this claim with USD/CHF, which could be a bit of a lagging currency. But taken together with my portfolio's lacklustre performance today, this could certainly point to a sizzling hot wok...

-0.84% SBA
-1.34% Roth IRA
-0.70% DJIA
-0.56% Nasdaq
-0.56% S&P

Notice the uncannily close correlation between Nasdaq and S&P... something is up and I want to find out what it is!



No comments: