Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bernanke Always Talks At the Wrong Time!


Always! He couldn't wait till Friday, after I decided which stocks to get into, before telling us the ways he wants to stimulate our economy further - maybe, sort of - with a potential dose of QE3?

Confoundedly, I've been noticing larger ask sizes than bid sizes on the stocks I'm eyeing, so I'm thinking the market is getting a little bit ahead of itself and I'm going to have to do multiple entries - especially since the summer isn't even half over.

I was totally going to get into some low beta + high dividend yield plays. A bear market is the best time to do so. Last year, I was looking at AEE and AEP during a sell-off and those stocks have since skyrocketed, but I always tend to shoot myself in the financial foot by choosing the worst possible ROI stocks to actually put my money in, don't I?

Yet, although my MFG and NMR buys were clearly overpriced in hindsight, the dividends I received from my MFG and NMR holdings were welcome additions to my income stream. So, I'm going to devote a part of my portfolio to these types of stocks as I develop my business.

Am I totally leaving behind high beta plays? I haven't yet decided. But I have been pondering whether C will hit the twenties once again? And if it does, would it make it a good buy? I'd personally like to see it lose about $55 billion in market cap before I would think about touching C again, but that would take a decline of about $18 per share - putting my target price at $21 and somewhat of a far fetch.

What are my other options? In the twenties, there are a whole bunch of other plays I could get into and I'll perhaps let you know after I finally build up my positions so I won't get to beat a dead horse and accuse you of arbitraging me.

Today's Beautiful Happy Shiny ForexDiva Report Card:

+1.81% Roth IRA (on my way to recovery yee...)
-0.14% SBA (will add some fresh capital here only thanks to 9 Figure Man's sexy capital injection)


Take away my penny stock pain, Sultan...


No comments: