Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Swatch CEO Sees Recovery in H2 2009, Ponders Acquiring TIF

I've been waiting for TIF to go back down to around $23 in order to start building up a position, but it appears I'm now too late. Mr. Hayek of The Swatch Group is also apparently looking to acquire Tiffany. "Why not, but not by accumulating debt," he indicated to Swiss weekly NZZ am Sonntag.

Some time back, Richemont also expressed an interest in Tiffany's hand. Can Tiffany stay 'single' for much longer?

There's a very fine line between being patient and totally missing the plane.

Oh... why is this always happening to me?

Quite frankly, this is going to be more of an emotional purchase for me if I get in at the current price of +/- $29. P/E is too high for my taste, so I am going to wait.



No comments: