Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WFT?


Thanks to some WFT calls, my SBA got killed and in spite of better than expected EPS, my AMGN calls plunged, so employee morale is getting pretty low here at ForexDiva in a just about to throw in the financial towel sort of way.  


I've been waiting for my VIX plays to work out for a few months now, but was disappointed to learn that I could be in this for longer than anticipated.  According to the Handbook of Finance, Financial Markets and Instruments, the VIX is negatively correlated to 10-Year US Treasury Yields.  So if yields continue going up, the VIX will continue to decline.  How long this will continue is anyone's guess, but until the Big Guys get into the VIX, my portfolio will continue to get squeezed.  


I'm not going to get into any more new positions for now as I'm waiting for my SD calls, SDR calls, XOM puts, and SPG puts to start doing something productive for my bottom line.

Shockingly, I received an email last night indicating that some real estate markets are already back near their 2008 peaks.  This can't be for real - just as Robert Shiller is beginning to suggest that some markets appear "bubbly"?  


-4.36% SBA
-1.34% Roth IRA

-0.14% DJIA
+0.27% Nasdaq 
-0.01% S&P 

+0.76% FTSE
+0.16% Eurofirst
-1.45% Nikkei
+0.19% Shanghai
-0.01% SENSEX
-0.32% Hang Seng

+2.03% WTI
+0.84% Brent
-0.04% Gold
+2.53% Copper
+0.71% Corn

-0.49% EUR/GBP

+0.62% DJT
+0.45% VIX

-0.38% 10-Year US Treasury Notes

51% Advancing Issues on NYSE        |   44% Up Volume
46% Declining Issues on NYSE         |   54% Down Volume
3% Unchanged                              |   2% Unchanged

52% Advancing Issues on Nasdaq     |   52% Up Volume
44% Declining Issues on Nasdaq      |   47% Down Volume
4% Unchanged                              |   1% Unchanged


Major Headlines Today:

GDP Rises 1.7%
Soros Takes Large Stake in Herbalife
CIT Clamps Down On Credit To Small JCP Vendors



No comments: