Monday, July 22, 2013

NYC Is Getting Stranger By The Day...


Over the weekend, I heard the captain on a firetruck yell out to pedestrians: "Get the Dell out of the way" on his bullhorn.  New York City's Bravest have no time for manners!

Someone also boasted that she was about to buy a Louis Vuitton handbag and that Hermes and Chanel are third and fourth tier brands compared to Louis Vuitton.  Seriously?  As an avid Hermes collector, I held my tongue and didn't bother to set the record straight that Louis Vuitton is a tenth tier brand compared to Hermes and Chanel, but boy did it get under my skin.

It really got me wondering rather insecurely: Did 9FM think that I got him a tie from a fourth tier brand?  Would he have preferred Louis Vuitton to the limited edition Hermes tie I selected?  I doubt he would have such bad taste.

I haven't had my Hermes fix this year, but I'm as addicted as ever!

If only my portfolios would behave:

-0.52% SBA
-0.83% Roth IRA

+0.01% DJIA
+0.36% Nasdaq
+0.20% S&P 

-0.11% FTSE
+0.14% Eurofirst
+0.47% Nikkei
+0.61% Shanghai
+0.05% SENSEX
+0.25% Hang Seng

-1.24% WTI
+0.05% Brent
+3.01% Gold
+1.16% Copper
-0.55% Corn

-1.10% USD/JPY
-0.85% EUR/JPY

-0.12% 10-Year US Treasury Notes

59% Advancing Issues on NYSE     |   63% Up Volume
38% Declining Issues on NYSE      |   35% Down Volume
3% Unchanged                           |   2% Unchanged


57% Advancing Issues on Nasdaq  |   63% Up Volume
38% Declining Issues on Nasdaq   |   36% Down Volume
5% Unchanged                           |   1% Unchanged



No comments: