Tuesday, June 4, 2013

It Was Not A BOGO Sale...


Good thing I had a massage and haircut booked today because the BOGO trade I thought I had put on turned out to be a real dud.  As luck would have it, my FB fiasco was a timely one as it made me see just how bad my SPY put spread setup is.  If I had found out what type of faulty thinking I was using to get into positions next Monday morning, I would be in hot, hot water.  My position on the SPY is three times larger than FB and I also stand to lose a lot more, so getting out now is key.  Essentially, someone paid me $0.29 to buy at SPY 167 and sell at SPY 165.50.  And I fell for it!  

I've been trading for 7 years now, so these types of rookie mistakes should not be happening any longer and I should seriously be minting money by now.

I'm going to have to run for my financial life tomorrow or the day after.  

The bulls seem to have made quite a comeback though...

+1.70% SBA
+1.42% Roth IRA

+0.92% DJIA
+0.27% Nasdaq
+0.59% S&P 

-0.88% FTSE
-0.70% Eurofirst
-3.70% Nikkei
-0.06% Shanghai

-0.76% SENSEX
-0.49% Hang Seng 


-0.36% WTI
-0.04% Brent
+0.13% Gold

-1.39% 10-Year US Treasury Notes


No comments: