Monday, June 10, 2013

Is It Time? Is It Time For the Lightning Round Yet??


CORN and WEAT both ended the day slightly above their daily 50% Fib levels...  Is it finally time for them to start moving higher and give me some profit-taking opportunities?

Other than another hit from UVXY in the form of a reverse split, very little action on my portfolios today, which disappointingly failed to repatriate much of Friday's losses.  

Overall, the US market indices closed nearly flat.  However, strong undercurrents may be on the horizon as gold managed to tick up and major forex moves occurred on the JPY crosses.  

First it was the SPY; then it was the VIX.  I'm 'Fed' up with getting dinged!

I just subscribed to the Investors.com Leaderboard on a two-week free trial.  If it makes a positive difference to my trading, I'll rave about it on here.  Otherwise, just from how my portfolio is reacting, it seems I would have done better continuing to buy puts - or to sell calls.  

Thankfully there is a Time Premium on the majority of my calls, but it's still no consolation prize...

+1.67% SBA
+0.19% Roth IRA

-0.06% DJIA
+0.13% Nasdaq
-0.04% S&P 

-0.18% FTSE
-0.08% Eurofirst
+4.94% Nikkei
-1.39% Shanghai
+0.06% SENSEX
+0.18% Hang Seng

-0.23% WTI
-0.71% Brent
+0.22% Gold
-0.93% Copper
-2.14% Corn

+1.29% USD/JPY
+1.62% EUR/JPY

-0.21% DJT
+2.05% VIX

+2.50% 10-Year US Treasury Notes




P.S. It's incredible that someone's actually hedging their mortgage in JPY...  Perhaps I should look into forex trading again?




No comments: