Tuesday, June 4, 2013

C-R-A-A-A-Z-Y!


I finally got upgraded to Level III trading on my SBA recently and this morning, I woke up to additional purchasing power on my SBA in the form of margin, which I've never had before.  It took a lot of effort not to utilise this margin, especially as my equity recovered a very substantial part of my recent losses today.

It is crazy how much leverage E*Trade is allowing me: Cash x 5!  

I made a choice to take some profits off the table and re-enter positions trading below or quite near to my original entry prices.  I took some losses and got out of the full SPY put spread I erroneously and naively put on a few days ago.  This could turn out to be the best loss I ever took.  

Whilst the market made a concerted repatriation effort, it appears the short sellers are gaining conviction.  

Let's see if the Buy the Dippers can regain their pricing power...

After profit-taking on both accounts today:

-3.69% SBA
+0.76% Roth IRA

-0.50% DJIA
-0.58% Nasdaq
-0.55% S&P 

+0.51% FTSE
+0.31% Eurofirst
+2.05% Nikkei
-1.17% Shanghai
-0.33% SENSEX
+0.01% Hang Seng

+0.02% WTI
+1.21% Brent
-0.89% Gold
+0.90% Copper
+0.92% Corn

+0.54% USD/JPY
+0.60% EUR/JPY

-0.49% DJT
-0.12% VIX

+0.14% 10-Year US Treasury Notes


Up Next:

Tomorrow

ADP
ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI

Thursday

Unemployment Claims

Friday 

Non-Farm Payday
Unemployment Rate



No comments: