Friday, January 28, 2011

Boom... Boom... Boom... Even Brighter Than the Moon, Moon, Moon...


... Remember that USD/CAD trade I was in sometime ago where I had the right trading philosophy, but still ended up driving on the wrong side of the trade? I got out of jail free on that one, but that ZZ position I got into yesterday was a quick way to lose -4.3% today. I felt like I dialed 1-800-MATTRESS, but then I didn't leave off the last S for savings. LOL.

I wanted to sell anything and everything today, but then I decided to look ahead to next week's event calendar - just like my BFF forex broker taught me to do.

Chew on this:

ISM Manufacturing... 1 February 2011
Unemployment Claims... 3 February 2011
Non Farm Pay Day... 4 February 2011
Unemployment Claims... 10 February 2011
Core Retail Sales... 15 February 2011

Now that I'm in ZZ, the one I'm most concerned about is Core Retail Sales. If toe-curling profit-taking is possible between now and 15 February 2011, I'm going to trade in my mattress for some fast cash - no Western Union required.

For now, I'll continue believing Sealy's promise: "Whatever you do in bed, Sealy supports it."

I trade, but my portfolio isn't so Sure:

-2.65% on the SBA
-1.79% on the Roth IRA


Happy Weekend, Professors!



No comments: