Sunday, May 31, 2009

For Every Barbie There's A Ken


So I’ve only got a few weeks left before I turn 30. As I look back on where life has taken me, I feel regret for all of the time, money, love, and energy I’ve wasted in my 20’s. I've accomplished a lot, but did I accomplish enough? At the same time, I feel hope and optimism for all the promise that tomorrow holds.

I’m going to be one of those people who are both older and wiser in all aspects of my life. I’m going to be one of those people who make the most of life and continue to believe in the realisation of fairy tales even if I know Santa couldn’t possibly exist.

I believe in miracles. I believe that for every Barbie there’s a Ken. I believe that life is full of possibilities if we open our minds and our hearts.

I’ve had enough of all this oh-woe-is-me... I’m ready for all the oh-wow-now-this-is-me!

I can feel it. I’m right at the threshold between what life could have been and how sweet and happy life really is.

This time it’ll be different. This time I’m doing it my way. This time I’m taking the high way because it’s faster and not because someone gave me an ultimatum.

This time, instead of thinking my brokers are trading against me, I’ll be thinking I’m the one trading against my brokers. Or maybe I’ll even listen to my brokers for a change because they're not so bad, really. They just trade against me, but if you look at it from the other side, I'm the one actually trading against them.

Someday = Today

(And now I want to thank all the producers for this is the story of my life.)

And no, I am not high on anything but life - and perhaps shopping!

No comments: