Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Does Everyone Have An Ulterior Motive?

I tend to think most, if not all, people are driven by ulterior motives. Perhaps I'm a little bit too cynical.

I've been hearing mixed messages on the future direction of the equities market. On one hand, stock brokers seem to be more optimistic that we have an economy on the verge of recovery. On the other hand, the guys at my forex broker are convinced that this is still a bear market rally and that a correction is in order. Obviously, the equities guys want to sell more stock and the forex brokers probably want you to keep trading forex.

Essentially, no one wants to call a market bottom in this environment, but like people like to say, no one will ring a bell when it does happen. I hate to think that I'd already missed the boat.

All I know is that we have to position ourselves for an economic recovery at a risk level we can tolerate and this involves building up positions on market dips. Pay attention to EPS and P/E levels and don't go chasing rainbows and we should all be fine.

DJIA is moving towards the 200 day moving average and if it closes above this level, I feel more upwards movement would be imminent. So, yes, I'm bullish.

I just have to remember to be smart and move my stops to lock in profits.


No comments: