Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Will An AAPL A Day Send ForexDiva To Bombay?


I had a meeting on Park Avenue in the afternoon, so I had to run out in the middle of the trading day, then strolled around my neighbourhood retailers.  

When I got back, I saw that my BBRY calls had been sold down mercilessly by the Market Makers.  

Thank Heavens I was able to take profits on my AAPL calls and that I had any left at all.  I was so freaked out on Friday after some issues got sold.  If I hadn't gotten out of those, one issue would have at least doubled and another issue would have been over a +200% profit.  I had some in both the SBA and the Roth IRA. 

Mind you, these aren't even in the money calls.  In monetary terms, the upside is much more delicioso than other calls due to the higher price levels of AAPL.  So we're talking about $2 to $6 gains per share - plain caliente.  I'm grateful I was at least able to bank one and may there be many more!   I decided to buy some more out of the money calls in case there's some bullish momentum continuation on AAPL.  It's about time!

Dear Carl Icahn, thank you for taking me along for the ride!  I'll be there to buy some more AAPL dips and pray that you'll be tweeting about your dinner plans with Tim Cook soon...  

I can't wait for tomorrow's KBH and ASNA earnings announcements, though I have 3 meetings scheduled tomorrow, so it'll be pretty crazy.  

What's even crazier?  I managed to end the day extremely in the red and yet my equity still went up, up and away thanks to those beautiful, beautiful AAPLs!

-7.13% SBA (BBRY straddles here)
-0.42% Roth IRA

-0.32% DJIA
-0.25% Nasdaq
-0.47% S&P

-0.59% FTSE
-0.51% Eurofirst
-0.16% Nikkei
+1.33% Shanghai
-1.79% SENSEX
-0.56% Hang Seng

-0.16% WTI
-1.12% Brent

-0.61% DJT
+9.07% VIX


41% Advancing Issues on NYSE                   |   34% Up Volume
56% Declining Issues on NYSE                    |   65% Down Volume
3% Unchanged                                         |   1% Unchanged
77 New Highs   |   34 New Lows

42% Advancing Issues on Nasdaq                |   32% Up Volume
55% Declining Issues on Nasdaq                 |   67% Down Volume
3% Unchanged                                         |   1% Unchanged
135 New Highs   |   27 New Lows


Today's Major Headlines

BBRY Agrees To Sale In $4.7 Billion Cash Deal To Canadian Investment Consortium 

JPMorgan Faces US Charges Regarding MBS

Chrysler IPO In the Works



No comments: