Tuesday, September 10, 2013

[ForexDiva's Name], 9FM Here...


I received a surprise phone call from 9FM last night and finally, we're going to work on a commission based project together.  He sent me a list of his inventory and I'm secretly hoping to build up 7 or 8 figures in revenues for him every month over the long term.  Since he doesn't have an office in the US, I'm going to focus on developing sales for him in a very patriotic way - in the good ol' USA.

In terms of trading, all I could think of to summarise my trading day is a fake smile.  Most people would be throwing in the towel - or crying - at this point.

I had high hopes for PANW and my VIX straddles to bring me a tonne of financial fun, but unfortunately, I got sold both ways with PANW and the call sellers on the VIX far outweigh the put buyers for the time being.  We had a -7.10% move downwards on the VIX and virtually no directional move on my VIX straddles.  Maybe the fact that they're European style options has something to do with.  Or maybe everyone's straddling the VIX?

Thank God I picked up some AMD calls, but losses still outweigh gains today.  I may just have to stop trying to be a fader and start picking up some SPY calls if this continues.  Based on the new highs and new lows of the day, stocks hitting new highs greatly outnumber stocks hitting new lows.  Though the Advance / Decline Line broke its support sometime back, it seems the bulls really have the momentum going for them.  

And yet, I'm still silly enough to keep trying to fade their every move...


-9.69% SBA
-1.94% Roth IRA

+0.85% DJIA
+0.62% Nasdaq
+0.74% S&P 

+0.82% FTSE
+1.26% Eurofirst
+1.54% Nikkei
+1.15% Shanghai
+3.77% SENSEX 
+0.99% Hang Seng

-2.02% WTI
-1.98% Brent
-1.51% Gold
-0.34% Copper
-0.63% Corn

+0.76% USD/JPY
+0.87% EUR/JPY

+1.93% DJT
-7.10% VIX

+2.14% 10-Year US Treasury Notes

64% Advancing Issues on NYSE                      |   68% Up Volume
33% Declining Issues on NYSE                       |   30% Down Volume
3% Unchanged                                            |   2% Unchanged
208 New Highs   |   42 New Lows


64% Advancing Issues on Nasdaq                   |   66% Up Volume
33% Declining Issues on Nasdaq                    |   33% Down Volume
3% Unchanged                                            |   1% Unchanged  
211 New Highs   |   15 New Lows


Today's Major Headlines:

Putin Insists US Drop Threat Against Syria (Come on, at this point no one thinks it's going to happen!)

Apple Launches Two New iPhones, But Shares Drop (fingerprint id technology sounds really, really cool...)




No comments: