Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Dear Carl Icahn... When Will You Tweet About Dinner With Tim Cook?


My feet still hurt from walking around Fifth Avenue for my meetings yesterday.  I ended up meeting 4 companies.  3 of them are interested in the project I was pitching, but I decided I only want to work with 2 of them.  I need 4 other companies to get involved and will be meeting two other companies next week and calling a few others this week.  Let's see if a 'telephonic conversation' - in 9FM's words - can be as effective as an actual meeting.  

In the interim, my AAPL calls are getting 'cooked.'  The worst part is that I had a chance to take profits the day before, but I decided I wouldn't get faked out this time and continued to ride a trade that has lost its momo.   

I'll continue watching AAPL though.  I want to pick up some more calls right before Earnings Announcement and if I can get into a straddle, I will.  Otherwise, I'm staying unilateral.  I'll negotiate with Iran, but won't talk to Congress...

One day, people will be saying: 'Don't fight Carl Icahn!'


+1.02% SBA
-2.80% Roth IRA

-0.40% DJIA
-0.19% Nasdaq
-0.27% S&P

-0.30% FTSE
-0.10% Eurofirst
-0.76% Nikkei
-0.41% Shanghai
-0.32% SENSEX
+0.13% Hang Seng

-0.86% WTI
-0.63% Brent
+1.45% Gold
+0.26% Copper
+1.17% Corn

+0.40% EUR/USD
+0.52% GBP/USD

-0.66% DJT
-0.50% VIX

0.96 Put / Call Ratio

-2.61% 5-Year US Treasury Notes
-1.47% 10-Year US Treasury Notes

48% Advancing Issues on NYSE                     |   49% Up Volume
49% Declining Issues on NYSE                      |   49% Down Volume
3% Unchanged                                           |   2% Unchanged

45% Advancing Issues on Nasdaq                  |   58% Up Volume
50% Declining Issues on Nasdaq                   |   40% Down Volume
5% Unchanged                                           |   2% Unchanged



Today's Major Headlines

Barclays To Retreat From 100 Wealth Markets

US Could Run Out of Funds By October 17

Alibaba Abandons $60 Billion Hong Kong Listing

Skyscraper Index?



No comments: