Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Professor, I Don't Think This Is the Class I Signed Up For...


It felt like some Professors of Finance decided to sell all the stocks in my portfolio, but I was able to get into a new position with Indigo Energy (IDGG) - a new high beta high volume penny pincher I found whilst doing my own homework last night. I decided to put my pennies where my pout was and bought a few mini lots worth of this stock - as in 1 mini lot = ten thousand shares (times a few). I'm a few hundred dollaraire and I'm proud of my achievements. LOL. I got in at less than a penny a share, so what's wrong with having a bike when you can turn the risk:reward in your favour like this?

I'm going to try out something new here. I'm going to research a few more penny stocks, get in at a penny a share and position myself with 1 mini lot in every stock. If even a few of these hit 10 cents a share, that would be some change you can believe in. The fact that I'm getting into high beta and high volume penny stocks is key here. You don't want to get into any low beta ones, nor do you want to get stuck with penny stocks that are rarely traded. I'd look for a penny stock with a volume of at least 300,000.

Here's the math:

Risk
10,000 shares x $0.01 = $100

Reward
10,000 shares x $0.10 = $1000

Beautiful!

Obviously, much more beautiful than my report card:

-3.26% on the SBA
-2.21% on the Roth IRA

Shut up! I can hear your Bwahaha all the way from here...



No comments: