Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sir VIX A Lot: Round, Round, Round, Round I Get Around


Early on in the trading day, I got rid of some SPY puts at lower levels and jumped into some higher strike SPY puts as the Buy the Dippers stepped back in.  It looks like I bought some puts very close to the day's low, so if Unemployment Claims come out worse than expected on the morrow, the Buy the Dippers will be toast.  

We still need to close the week below 1659.84 on the S&P in order for the Weekly Chart Watchers to get on the bandwagon and until then, I'll have reposition myself if necessary.

Surprisingly, gold's ascent has been temporarily stalled, but it closed the day above $1400.  Who knows if I let go of some of my SLV calls too soon?   NGD, which I own calls on, dropped -7.2% today, so I wasn't feeling so good about the precious metals.  


Unfortunately, my SDR and PER calls got very little action on oil's move up and the AAPL and FB calls I picked up along the way failed to gain traction, so I end the day with:


-1.45% SBA

-0.81% Roth IRA

+0.33% DJIA

+0.41% Nasdaq
+0.28% S&P 

-0.17% FTSE

-0.32% Eurofirst
-1.52% Nikkei
-0.11% Shanghai
+0.16% SENSEX
-1.60% Hang Seng

+0.36% WTI

+1.37% Brent
-0.30% Gold
-0.35% Copper
+0.55% Corn

-0.40% EUR/USD

+0.72% USD/JPY
+0.32% EUR/JPY

-0.10% DJT

-2.09% VIX

+2.24% 10-Year US Treasury Notes



53% Advancing Issues on NYSE                     |   53% Up Volume

44% Declining Issues on NYSE                      |   45% Down Volume
3% Unchanged                                           |   2% Unchanged
29 New Highs   |   72 New Lows

55% Advancing Issues on Nasdaq                  |   66% Up Volume
41% Declining Issues on Nasdaq                   |   33% Down Volume
4% Unchanged                                           |   1% Unchanged
33 New Highs   |   26 New Lows 


Today's Major Headlines


Strike on Syria Would Lead to Retaliation on Israel, Iran Warns 


Scientists Create Human Mini-Brain



No comments: